Pages

Wednesday 23 May 2012

19th May CASTELO BRANCO

I had a crap night coughing and spluttering continuously, at 5.45 I decided to get up when it got to 6.00, then I woke up at 7.45 – so I had 2 hours sleep. But I’m very happy today – I had a phone call from Henry, from Thailand; they’ve nearly finished their course and take their exams on Tuesday, hopefully they’ll get employment with one of the dive schools once they’re qualified.

As I wasn’t feeling well we decided to have a ‘video and sweets’ day, we found ‘dime’ bar chocolate (my favourite) in the local supermarket which was good as lots of foreign sweets don’t taste right to our palate. The first film was a black and white classic with Peter Seller ‘The Smallest Show on Earth’, the acting was atrocious and the storyline was poor but because of this it was fairly funny and quite charming (I wouldn’t recommend it though!).
Next we watched ‘Paranormal Activity’ which was a scary film with annoying characters who didn’t act normally; if I was being haunted I wouldn’t stay in the house, with all the lights off, waiting for something to happen, whilst filming it! And the plot - it was as if the director had said “ok guys let’s brainstorm, what’s scary?” and then everything was included but without any continuity and the ending didn’t tie in ... another film I wouldn’t recommend; I don’t think we’ll bother with ‘Paranormal Activity Two’!

No comments:

Post a Comment