Pages

Saturday 30 June 2012

28th June CASTELO BRANCO

We had a lie in; which meant I was wide awake before 7.00 a.m.!!! I made a cup of coffee and just read for a couple of hours – and I didn’t feel guilty.

It’s was still hazy outside but the temperature in the van was down to 35°C which is much more bearable – I complain about the rain in Wales and now I’m complaining about the heat in Portugal, there’s no pleasing me!
Today we purchased the ultimate in laziness, an electric citrus squeezer. It’s absolutely fantastic, it took me 10 minutes to juice 30 oranges (over a litre of juice); this usually takes me more than half an hour and leaves me with aching wrists and thumb (the one I broke before Christmas). I picked these oranges a couple of days ago and have been putting the job of squeezing them off, now I don’t need to make excuses.
We watched another film tonight ‘Mrs Henderson’ with Judi Dench, Bob Hoskin and Will Young – it was o.k. (Brett started reading the Portuguese phrase book halfway through, so it obviously wasn’t a male’s film).

No comments:

Post a Comment