Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

14th August FONTE DOS CLERIGOS


Today Brett demolished a wine vat in the gym it was built out of blocks and concrete, with metal bar inclusions to make it stronger, and was very solid. The room looks much bigger now.

I gardened today, lots of weeding and planting; I sowed some more herb seeds (until I ran out of compost) and I planted out some Escarole seedlings. I stuck olive twigs in the ground around them, to shade them from the sun and put bottles over them, to stop them being eaten during the night. They’re not looking particularly healthy; I’m hoping they’ll pick up over night.

This afternoon we washed our bikes; we’re going to Pam and Mark’s for dinner tomorrow evening and thought we would cycle there. They live about as far out of the village as us, but the opposite way so they’re probably a mile and a half from us – I don’t mind walking there but I don’t want to walk home when I’m tired and have had a few drinks.

We’re going to meet another expat couple on Thursday; we got in touch via the expat site. They’re Dutch and don’t live in Portugal full time; they last visited at Christmas and this visit they’re only here for two weeks. They’ve invited us to their quinta in Sao Miguel de Acha (about five miles from us); we enjoying seeing other peoples places, sometimes we get ideas for our place.

And on Friday we’re helping Pam and Mark pick up some furniture they’ve bought from another expat couple. We’re certainly meeting the expat community at the moment

No comments:

Post a Comment