Pages

Saturday 4 August 2012

3rd August FONTE DOS CLERIGOS

I’ve become a twitcher!!! Brett’s right I am obsessed with the bloody birds. I decided to have a lie in this morning; however when they came over at 6.15 a.m. my body reacted to their cries, as if I had heard my alarm clock go off, and I was out of bed saying “shit, shit, shit” as I struggled into my tea shirt (which was inside out) before I realised what I was doing (it really was an automatic response and completely out of my control). And I still didn’t get a decent picture of them! They definitely have yellow under their wings and today Brett observed that they have yellow on top too.
Not a good picture but it shows the yellow under wing
And this shows it's triangular shape
I’ve had a headache for the last couple of days; probably something to do with the heat etc so I’ve been taking it a bit easy (good excuse!). Brett however has continued to dig out the studio floor and it’s now it’s ready for concreting. The studio/gym is a very sound building and would make a lovely little house (if we didn’t already have the other bigger buildings).
Gary invited us to the village cafe for a drink this afternoon; we went to the second cafe (Cafe Central).
Back to the birds! .................... this evening as they were flying over when Brett realised that there were about a hundred landed in our olive grove; unfortunately as we walked (well Brett running, me walking) towards them they flew off, away from us, so we still don’t have a good photo (even Brett is getting into it now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment