Wednesday, 19 October 2011

I shouldn't have got excited!!!

After agreeing, yesterday, on an exchange date of yesterday/today and a completion date of  Thursday 27th we got a phone call from our solicitor, this morning, asking if the completion date could be brought forward to the 26th. We agreed, as we still thought we were going to exchange today.

However ................................... this afternoon we learnt that our buyer's buyer can't exchange until Friday which means that our exchange would be delayed until Friday or even Monday!!!! But they still want to complete on the 26th.

Taking us back to the dilema of a very short period between exchange and completion........................ there's alot of stuff that shouldn't be done until after exchange - but we're doing it anyway. But there's also so much that really can't be done until after exchange - boring things that would cost us money if it all fell through.

Our solicitor is now trying to negotiate an earlier exchange/a later completion - we spoke to him at 3.00pm, of course we haven't heard from him since.

I'm quickly losing the will to live ...................................

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sandra and Brett!! I have all my fingers and toes crossed for you both!! Can't wait for it to finally happen for you both! Love Dee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee,
    All we can do now is sit by the phone and wait for our solicitor to ring - it's VERY frustrating XXX

    ReplyDelete