Pages

Saturday 15 October 2011

Still waiting ................................................

Our poor estate agent must be getting sick and tired of hearing ................. "Hi Tracey, it's Sandra from Pentwyn Farm ............................"; I phone her weekly (bi-weekly?) to preserve my sanity.

So today (actually it was yesterday, Friday, when I wrote this post) she phoned both solicitors for me (of course my one wasn't in the office!!); however, our buyer's solicitor says they're waiting on their buyer's ............................... of their second house!!! Apparently the London flat was completed weeks ago (so our solicitor got that right!) BUT, unbeknown to us (or apparently our solicitor), they had another property they were selling and this is the one that has been holding up our sale. Their solicitor says she thinks we will be able to talk dates next week with a view to completing at the end of the month. The really worrying thing is that we know nothing about these buyers (didn't even know they existed!), do they have a property to sell? How long is this chain? This is SOoooo stressful!
Meantime we've been packing; our kitchen look horrid - the dresser and glazed cupboard are now in storage. And all my pretty possessions are packed up. It doesn't feel like home anymore!


It doesn't look like this anymore!!

Brett is forcing me to put all my glass in cardboard boxes and I'm petrified it's all going to be broken when I unpack it - I wanted it pack in wooden crates with wooden divisions holding it all stable, he says that would be too heavy and bubble wrap and cardboard will be fine ..................................... oh I do hope he's right!

No comments:

Post a Comment