Pages

Friday 13 July 2012

11th July CASTELO BRANCO

Day off!! They seem to come around so often; it’s because I’m making Brett get up early (6.00 on our ‘work days’), he’s not a natural early riser, so now he looks forward to his lie ins.

All my shoes are wearing out; so today’s task was buying a couple of pairs of replacements. Ha Ha Ha, I bought two pairs of men’s shoes! Not because my feet are big and manly; but because all the women’s shoes are either VERY high heeled or have that very flat hard leather sole of fashionable sandals (which make me slip and aren’t very comfortable). So I bought some men’s Hitec walking sandals and a pair of men’s flip flops which are a dead ringer for my Birkenstock shoes (which my sister Sarah gave me two years ago, not new then, so they are very long lasting) even down to the pattern on the sole – except the Birkenstock are pretty pink and the men’s ones are dull brown (and of course the ‘button’ isn’t engraved Birkenstock)!! But this means my tan line stays the same.
We cooked outside this evening (barbeque) and ended up with Mark and Glen eating some of our food, while they waited for their food to cook.  As they have no electricity they’ve put their oven on top of our electricity outlet – tonight they were cooking these pizzas from Jumbo (1), each came with a sachet of liquid cheese ................. what on earth is liquid cheese? It looked, and tasted, disgusting. But we had an enjoyable evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment