Pages

Monday 17 September 2012

13th September FONTE DOS CLERIGOS


We went to the Post Office today, on our way to the Builder’s Merchant to order more sand and cement (we’re still concreting); the documents for the car still haven’t arrived, the cover note, for the road tax, runs out in a couple of weeks – this is getting beyond ridiculous.

I was going to put the cabbage seedlings in today; around here all the cabbages are grown in furrows. So I decided to do the same; I couldn’t do it, my channels were rubbish, old Portuguese men of 80+ can do it easily (and quickly), I’m going to need lessons – needless to say the cabbages didn’t get planted.

Brett continued cementing floors; he had lots of fiddly jobs to do that didn’t need my assistance.

We had a lovely evening entertaining Pam, Mark and Rowan (their son); we ate courgette fritters (a brilliant way to use up an excess of courgettes and by varying the dipping sauce they go with practically any menu) with a chilli sauce and a Thai curry (which included more of the courgettes).

And, of course, there was another beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment