Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

26th September FONTE DOS CLERIGOS


It rained all night, quite heavily at times, and the plants looked all the better for it; I swear the lettuces were more upright and the leaves on the orange trees looked more hydrated this morning.

I planted out leek, spring onion and onion seedlings – hopefully the rabbits won’t obliterate them.

Brett spent the day digging out the area where the donkey shed used to be; we’re going to build a bread oven there, tile the floor and make the retaining wall into a seating area which I’m going to mosaic, strongly influenced by Gaudi’s serpent bench in Gwell Park.

This evening we watched “Philadelphia”, a film I have always avoided watching as I thought it would be rather harrowing; it was, but it was also an excellent film and Tom Hanks, as usual, was thoroughly convincing in the role, I had tears in my eyes at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment