Pages

Monday 15 October 2012

12th October FONTE DOS CLERIGOS

Brett was off early this morning, with Mark and Matt (workawayer), to go and load the lorry with the telegraph poles we’re buying. It was jolly hard work and the lorry could only carry 21 poles which was fine until the driver wanted paying; we’d been quoted between 50-60, he wanted 150 (slightly more, well two and a half times more). But he did manage to drive all the way to Pam and Mark’s which was brilliant as we had thought that he would dump them at the start of their track (unfortunately he also managed to nudge one of their gate posts, which now needs rebuilding).

I spent the morning with Pam and Angie (workawayer); first of all I was down on my hands and knees sponging grout off the floor tiles in their middle room, it’s getting very comfortable in there now – I’m jealous! Then we went to explore the Termas and it was open; we conducted a conversation in French (Pam) and Portuguese (receptionist) and concluded that it wasn’t a luxury Spa where we could go to get pampered but a Spa for medical treatment. It was full of (sick) old people and apparently you had to make an appointment to consult with the doctor before you could have any treatment.

We went into the Post Office to check for mail and I had a letter from Joyce; it was so nice to receive it; I wish more people would write to me! Joyce sent me some recipes for all the quinces we have so next time Pam and Mark come over I’m going to make some Quince Fool; it should be interesting, I’ve never eaten quince before.

The broad beans, garlic and onions have started to germinate; hopefully, as grass and wild plants are starting to grow now, the rabbits won’t be as destructive as they have been through the summer when the only lush growth is in my vegetable garden.

Tomorrow Pam and Mark are coming over and we’re racking off the wine; I do hope it isn’t vinegary!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra, I would write to you if I knew the address to send it to. Inbox me on fb.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete