Pages

Wednesday 10 October 2012

9th October FONTE DOS CLERIGOS


It was jolly hot in the night and we didn’t sleep well; at the moment there are these tiny gnats type insects that can get through the mosquito netting and they spent all night irritating us and keeping us awake too.

I took the bottles off the radish seeds to water them this morning and they are already through – 3½ days, the bottles worked a treat (now they’ll get chewed off overnight by the rabbits!).

Brett continued rendering the kitchen and, as I was so bored, I cleaned the camper; it really is physical labour when you haven’t got modern tools like vacuum cleaners etc, I had to beat the carpets before I brushed them and I was down on my hands and knees washing the floor – it was sweaty work!!

Pam texted to say they were going to ‘Moviflor’ (a bit like Ikea) this afternoon, to shop for a sofa bed and quilts, and did we want to come too. We did and we watched in awe as Pam bought a sofa bed, within minutes of entering the shop, followed by duck feather quilts and throws – she was so quick and decisive, not like me I “hum” and “ha” wondering if I can get it better/cheaper elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment