Pages

Thursday 29 March 2012

25th Mar CASTRO MARIM

We forgot the clocks went forward this morning and got to the supermarket just as it closed, so all our meals today have to come from the store cupboard – Omelette and salad for lunch, pasta for dinner.

Last year I tried on several occasions to read “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo”; I got it out of the library, I was lent a talking book version and I even had it on my kindle – I couldn’t get passed the first few chapters; I found the names too hard to pronounce/visualise and there were too many threads for me to keep account of. The week before we left home the film version was on at Brynaman cinema (‘Orange Wednesday’, only £4.50 for the two of us!!); I found it rather violent, but it really helped my understanding of the plot. On Friday I started reading “The Girl Who Played with Fire”, which I finished yesterday, I then started “The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet’s Nest” which I have just finished – now I’m going to have to go back and read the first one (as I don’t know how accurate the film was to the book).
This afternoon we went for quite a strenuous (for me) bike ride; as I have an electric bike I have to keep up a moderately brisk pace (it’s my pride that makes me do this), however I’ve started turning off my motor, unless there are hills, so I’m actually doing a lot of the work myself – this is for fitness rather than trying to save the charge on the battery!


No comments:

Post a Comment